Compositionwork: Practitioner Education Program
New open group in 2015!
This program gives an intense experience of Compositionwork. We will be working in a small group which allows for a personal approach in combination with optimal use of the group process. Next to practical and experiential aspects we will address important theoretical and methodological issues. One module (half a day) is dedicated to understanding the method in terms of the Dialogical Self Theory, conducted by Prof. Dr. Hubert Hermans.
- Approaches in Compositionwork:
- Process oriented and structure oriented approaches.
- Working with the “nowscape” in Compositionwork.
- Nowness and embodiment
- Work with primary and secondary feelings (Greenberg)
- Congruence between experience and the self
- Process of externalization in Compositionwork (Konopka & van Beers).
- Work with multiplicity of the self: Dialogical Self (Hermans) I-positions.
- Types of I-positions: internal, external, promoter, third position, shadow position, meta-position.
- Metaphorical landscape of the mind. Work with natural metaphors and symbols (van Loon) in Compositionwork.
- Location of the power in the self (Hermans & Konopka).
- Distribution of energy in the self.
- Japanese aesthetics in the process of Compositionwork (wabi, ma and fuzei).
- Japanese garden tradition and its application in Compositionwork.
- ‘Ma’, ‘space-between’ (Morioka) and ‘holding space of awareness’.
- Psychological symbolism of stones and the sand. Application, examples, research.
- Steps of working with composition: from differentiation to the pattern.
- Work with singular positions.
ii.Work with relations between positions (opposites, coalitions etc .).
iii.Work with the pattern of compositions.
- Personification in Compositionwork: voicing I-positions (Rowan).
- Embodiment of positions.
- Analogical listening (Neimeyer).
- Compositionwork and the Dialogical Self in the context of psychospiritual development (Rowan; Wilber)
- Personal and social positions.
- Split in the self, duality, shadow, persona, totality of the self.
- Two basic dimensions of the self: multiplicity and awareness (forms and formless).
- Two basic levels of the self: affective and reflexive/left and right hemisphere.
- Case studies and feedback.
- Bringing together theory and practice.
- Experienced coaches, trainers and consultants.
- Candidates have either participated in an earlier introductory workshop on Compositionwork or experienced it in (an) individual session(s).
Program is organized by Compositionwork in cooperation with International Institute for the Dialogical Self.
Structure of the Program
4 separate days with homework assignments in between
Language: English/ Dutch or fully English.
Costs: € 850 (excl BTW)
Herderinnestraat 14, 2512EA,The Hague: 3 days
Gagelveld 34, 6596CA,Milsbeek: 1 day (includes the discussion on theory with prof. Hubert Hermans).
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”true”]